Millis is a small, rural suburb in Norfolk County that is home to only 7,800 residents in its 12 square miles. Originally established as part of Dedham, Millis was incorporated into Massachusetts in 1885. Located 19 miles southwest of Boston, Millis has been called home by a number of industries over the years, including bell foundries, shoe factories, and “Clicquot” the company responsible for the first ever ginger ale, and for first canning sodas.
Residents of Millis will want to check out the Richardson Tavern, where George Washington stopped in to eat back in 1775. Millis borders Norfolk, Sherborn, Holliston, Medfield, and Medway.