Initially settled in Central Massachusetts in 1672, Northborough split from the town of Westborough and was incorporated into the Commonwealth of MAssachusetts in 1766. Originally home of the Nipmuck Native Americans, Northborough residents can appreciate nature today by walking on one of the 11 designate hiking trails crisscrossing the town. Northborough also has evidence of the colonial times including a bell made Paul Revere outside of the Unitarian Church. Still home to some working farms, Northborough has also seen growth in the research and development industry in the past few years.
Northborough is about 18 square miles in area, and is home to 14,155 residents. Northborough is accessible by Rts. 20 or 135, and borders Southborough, Marlborough, Westborough, Berlin, Boylston, and Shrewsbury.