Incorporated into Plymouth County of MAssachusetts in 1809, Tyngsborough actually was first settled by colonists over 150 years earlier, in 1661. 28 miles outside of Boston, Tyngsborough was once known for its granite quarries and ferries heading up the Merrimack river. In the 1960s it was a very popular vacation spot for those looking to escape the city heat. These days residents of Tyngsborough enjoy over 6 miles of trails through the state forest.
Located in the Greater Lowell and Nashua (NH) regions, Tyngsborough can be accessed by Route 3. Also, the Lowell Regional Transit Authority runs to Dracut, and residents can also commute by the way of the MBTA Commuter Rail to Lowell.